Level Up Your Walk this Summer
Updated: Jul 13
Walking is my secret fitness weapon.
It's quick. It's simple. It's easy.
Let's strap on our shoes and head out!*
1. Focus more on the back foot as you push off to engage the tush and the hamstrings. (Often we think about pulling our leg forward, but that may reinforce a common muscle imbalance called "quad dominance".)
2. Keep your core, especially your low abs, engaged (not a death-grip, but turned on and working.)
3. Pump the arms to increase intensity.
4. If you want to increase your intensity further, you can increase your pace for short distances or intervals of time. For example, you could walk a bit faster as you pass 2 mailboxes and then go at your normal pace for 4, etc.
4. If you live in a hot part of the country, walk during the cooler times of the day.
*Never undertake exercise if you are not cleared by your doctor and always check with your healthcare provider before making changes to your exercise program.
Want to learn about how I work with my online personal training clients? Let's talk!